- Worth to visit Chungsi cave's naturally beautiful surroundings and spiritual environment.
- Upper Mustang people believed that Guru Rinpoche meditated in this cave around the 8th century.
- Exactly the monastery where Padmasambhab meditated was situated above the cave.
- Chungsi cave is one of the most popular Buddhist pilgrimages in mustang it’s known as Ranchung cave.
- Holy ranching monastery- chungsi cave is an important attraction in mustang isolation and could preserve the ancient culture.
- Many Buddhist devotees visit this cave to worship and meditation.
- It is genuine that on the opposite side of the cave you can see the natural figure kissing people on a wall cliff and this natural cave is one of the highlights monuments in the upper mustang trek.
Chungsi Cave Upper Mustang Nepal
Table of Contents
Chungsi Cave is one of the most popular Buddhist pilgrimages in Mustang, Nepal. Naturally, this cave also known as Ranchung cave is situated on the way to your Upper Mustang Trekking route, in between Samar and Syangbochen village. Chungsi Cave-Monastery is an old monument and was not built by a human being itself natural in between thousands of mane-made sky caves in Mustang and we can see only some entrances way decorated by “GURU GINGPOCHE”
Chungsi cave Ranchung Manastrey Mustang, Nepal
Mustang people believed that Guru Rinpoche meditated in this cave around the 8th century, exactly the monastery where Padmasambhab meditated situated above the cave. On the walls of the Chungsi-Rangchung cave in the Upper Mustang, there are many naturally formed details that appear just like the self-arisen. It is genuine that on the opposite side of the cave you can see the natural figure kissing people on a wall cliff and this natural cave is one of the highlights monuments in the upper mustang trek please do not miss visiting Mustang Nepal while you have trip itinerary entire mustang tour.
Recently, we visited along our 18 days upper mustang trek and received word from the Lama of this cave that said that the stone of the cave was used to make medicine for back pain. According to the very ancient Tibetan medication, there is a specific way to make the medicine from this stone still in use by locals. Canyon near Chungsi cave in upper mustang Nepal looks like a really beautiful place to see and visit.
Mysterious Ranchung Chungsi Cave Upper Mustang, Nepal
In my spirit the Ranchung Monastery- Chungsi cave is a very important monastery in Mustang, its isolation could preserve the ancient culture. Many Buddhist devotees visit this cave to worship and meditation from around the world. Many travel trekkers well-known there is a walking trail easy find from Samar to Syangboche but worst to visit this natural cave and better make the overnight in Syangboche, naturally trek to Chungsi Cave trail is not easy lots up and down elevation. I highly recommend you better to visit this cave while going to Upper Mustang Trek Lo Manthang. Because if you have the trek itinerary thru YARA-GHARA-LURI-CAVE you will not get a chance to visit this Buddhist spiritual cave after Lo Manthang.
Very worth visiting this place is the surrounding naturally beautiful landscape, ancient Buddhist culture and human-made caves are the major attraction of Upper mustang Nepal. This unique area is a part of the upper mustang trek and tours. If you are interested to explore more holy caves in Upper Mustang do not hesitate to write and contact local expertise Nepal base trek-tour operator Nepal Spirit Adventure.