The Manasalu Region is an "untouched" trekking destination in Nepal. Located on the Nepal-Tibet border, it officially opened in 1992 allowing a limited number of trekkers each year to explore this unique and spiritual region.
There are several trekking routes in the Manasalu region, including the Manasalu Circuit Trek, Manasalu Base Camp Trek, Manasalu Larkya Pass Trek, and Manasalu Tsum Valley Trek. Each of these treks has rich biodiversity and offers major rewards for trekkers with spectacular views of Himal Chuli 7893m, Ganesh Himal 7319m, Shringi Himal 7187m, and Manasalu Himal 8153m.
Manasalu Himal, more popularly known as "the Spirit Mountain" by locals, has the 8th highest peak in the world. The starting points of these treks are easily reached by bus from Kathmandu to Arughat or Gorkha. Return journeys to Kathmandu from Besisahar or Arughat can be arranged via a local bus or private vehicle.
The Manaslu Region Offers
- Diverse Tibetan communities;
- Alpine and tropical forests bursting with rhododendrons, waterfalls, and aqua-blue green lakes laced with cotton-white soil.
- Challenging trails through the Budi Gandaki Valley and Larkya La Pass.
- A unique opportunity to explore well-appointed sacred Tibetan monasteries.
- A visit to a centuries-old monastery Sama Gompa at Sama Gaou, which has close views of Mt. Manasalu.