About Gosainkunda Lake Trek
Gosainkunda Lake Trek guides you on a scenic and cultural adventure with a touch of old mythology and a holy spiritual walk to Gosainkund Lake, a perfect journey on the high ridges of Langtang Himal situated around the central Himalaya range of mountains which includes Ganesh-Langtang and Jugal Himal range of peaks. The lake is regarded as one of the important and holy pilgrimage spots for both Hindu and Buddhist religions, as per great Hindu myth, the belief is that Gosainkund a pond is the vicarage and is made by Lord Shiva (one of three main Hindu deities).
The Hindu and Buddhist religions believe that this pristine glacial pond was formed by digging of the land by Trishul (a holy Trident) weapon of Lord Shiva, thousands of Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims from India and Nepal visit the Gosainkunda every year, especially on full moon day, which falls in August, the special auspicious Hindu occasion of ‘Janai Purnima’ (changing of holy threads) festival. We start the trek with an exciting overland 5-6 hours drive towards the north of Kathmandu to Dhunche the gateway to many Trekking destinations in the Langtang region and the old Trans Himalayan Trade route of Nepal and Tibet.
The trek guides us on a climb into enchanting serene woodlands of tall rhododendron-magnolia-pines and oaks tree lines were elusive and rare Panda seldom seen around this deeply forested area. Our walk finally leads to Gosainkund after walking past the Singh Gompa and Lauribina ridges. We Have a full rest day to explore this fascinating holy place with awesome views of snowcapped peaks, our walk leads to cross a high pass of east Laurabina-La 4,600m/15,091ft also known as Gosainkund Pass to reach the eastern ridges passing some parts of the Helambu area of Kutumsang-Thotung-Danda and Golphu-Bhanjyang to reach Chisapani on the northern hills of Kathmandu valley, here with super views of the sunrise over mountains.
This marvelous and remarkable trekking concludes with a short drive from Sundarijal back to Kathmandu after fascinating Trekking around the high hills of Langtang Himal. The best time to visit there: Spring (March to May and Autumn (September to November) is one of the best seasons for Langtang Gosainkunda Lake Trek. The climate is sunny and warm with excellent views, if you wish to avoid crowds and enjoy some alone time with nature then taking this trip during the winter season (December, January, and February) is also good and could be an option for this trip.
Why book the trek with Nepal Spirit Adventure?
- Nepal base trekking company with fully Government licensed.
- Swift answers your question before any trip booking.
- Easy online booking proceed with online visa | master card payment without any service charge.
- 24-hour customer service.
- Highly customers take care and valuable money of your services.
- Fully customize trek itinerary as per travel need.
- Experience field staff and full insurance coverage.
- Best service and reasonable, acceptable prices.
- 99% Trip successful and customer satisfied.
The Gosainkunda Lake Trek Equipment
The trekking equipment always comes first before starting the trek, we provide quality sleeping bags are important for every trekker blankets are available along the trekking places, and we highly suggest you use the sleeping bag, if you want to use your trekking bag you can bring from your country but it is not top necessary as we are trekking for only 7 days. The trek down jacket and NSA duffel bag are also included in the trek package, you can check your down jacket size before we leave the trek from Kathmandu city. However, we highly recommend the following trekking equipment item re-checklist and would be always grateful to have them for a successful trek of Gosainkunda Lake 2024.
Recommend checklist of trek equipment
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Light and expedition-weight thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest or jacket
- Under Garments
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition-weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals) Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp
Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal)
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC *
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag *
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottle (2) or camel bag
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet paper, etc)
- Ear Plug (who knows some people in the group are snoring)
- Personal First aid kit
- Lip Guard
- Passport copies
- Pocket knives
- 1 medium-sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
- Personal Hygiene
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial hands wash
- Reading book
- Trail Map/Guidebook
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Travel games i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble
What You Carry For Trek
Please, bring the equipment listed above and pack your gear for the trek into a duffel bag or rucksacks, and a small day bag for you. The larger bag with your kit will be carried by the porter to meet you each evening. You should bring a day pack to carry by yourself for water, a rain jacket, hat gloves, camera money, etc. The weather in the mountains is changeable so you will need some warm clothes with you on your day pack.
Travel Advice: Above the details trekking equipment isn't necessary for this 7-day hike to Gosaikunda just bring important items required for a high altitude trail, and many of them you can buy in Kathmandu after you arrive with at reasonable prices.